Cantilever patio covers are a type of patio cover that is supported by a single post or beam on one end, and cantilevers out over the other end. This design allows for a larger covered area without the need for multiple posts, which can free up space and improve the aesthetics of your patio.
Here are some of the advantages of cantilever patio covers:
- Increased usable space: Cantilever patio covers can provide a larger covered area than traditional patio covers with multiple posts. This can be especially beneficial for small patios or patios with limited space.
- Unobstructed views: The lack of posts on one side of a cantilever patio cover allows for unobstructed views of the surrounding area. This can be a great way to enjoy your patio while still taking in the scenery.
- Sleek and modern design: Cantilever patio covers can add a sleek and modern look to your home. They are a popular choice for contemporary homes and can help to enhance the overall aesthetic of your outdoor space.
- Durability: Cantilever patio covers are typically made from durable materials such as aluminum or steel, which can withstand the elements. This makes them a good investment for homeowners who want a long-lasting patio cover.
- Low-maintenance: Cantilever patio covers are relatively low-maintenance. They do not require a lot of painting or staining, which can save you time and money in the long run.
If you are considering adding a patio cover to your home, a cantilever patio cover is a great option to consider. It can provide you with increased usable space, unobstructed views, a sleek and modern design, and durability.
Here are some additional things to consider when choosing a cantilever patio cover:
- The size of your patio: The size of your patio will determine the size of the cantilever patio cover you need.
- The materials you want: Cantilever patio covers can be made from a variety of materials, including aluminum, steel, wood, and composite materials.
- The style you want: Cantilever patio covers come in a variety of styles, so you can choose one that matches the architecture of your home.
- The budget you have: Cantilever patio covers can range in price from a few thousand dollars to tens of thousands of dollars.
Cantilever patio covers are a popular choice for homeowners, but they do have some disadvantages.
- Cost: Cantilever patio covers can be more expensive than traditional patio covers with multiple posts. This is because they require more materials and labor to construct.
- Structural support: Cantilever patio covers require a strong structural support system to prevent them from tipping over. This may require additional footings or other reinforcements.
- Wind resistance: Cantilever patio covers can be more susceptible to wind damage than traditional patio covers. This is because they have a larger surface area that can be caught by the wind.
- Limited customization: Cantilever patio covers are typically less customizable than traditional patio covers. This is because they are limited by the length of the cantilevered beam.
Overall, cantilever patio covers are a good option for homeowners who want a large, covered patio with unobstructed views. However, they are more expensive and may require more structural support than traditional patio covers.
Here are some tips to minimize the disadvantages of cantilever patio covers:
- Choose a durable material such as aluminum or steel for the frame.
- Make sure the frame is properly anchored to the ground.
- Install wind braces to help prevent the cover from tipping over.
- Choose a cover that is the right size for your patio and the amount of shade you need.
- Consider getting a retractable cover so you can open it up on days when the weather is nice.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your cantilever patio cover will provide you with years of enjoyment.
It is important to consult with a professional patio cover installer to get the best advice for your specific needs.
JLC Offers Patio Cover Installation In Phoenix, Arizona
If your thinking about installing a patio cover in Arizona, let JLC assist! JLC offers installation of wood, alumawood, aluminum and lattice patio covers and pergolas for homeowners in Phoenix, Gilbert, Glendale, Mesa and other areas in Arizona.